Due to COVID -19, most respiratory meetings have changed to a virtual platform, encouraging attendance from wherever you are. Below are some of the upcoming meetings over the next 6-12 months.
West Midlands Paediatric Respiratory Forum, 16th July, 1pm to 3pm via Zoom
We are pleased to announce the recommencement of our West Midlands Respiratory meeting that is being re-launched as an online Zoom meeting. We hope to have an interesting and interactive session that will include several presentations including a look at our current COVID experience, our current learning from our trials of Telemedicine, plus discussion around some interesting clinical cases.
There will also be an opportunity for a Respiratory GRID Trainee to present a Knowledge Based Assessment if required. (We will have capacity for a single KBA, this will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis).
If you would like to attend, or you would like to present a Knowledge Based Assessment, please contact Chris Hine, Research Fellow at BCH, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lung in Childhood is returning!
For the next 12 months we will run monthly sessions (apart from August) remotely, starting with Knowledge Based Assessments on 21st July 2020.They sessions will run from 14.00 – 17.00.
We will aim to run the sessions on the 3rd week of the month and will rotate the day of the week. The dates below are provisional and may change if there is a clash with a major conference etc.
The first session will be on Microsoft Teams, but going forward we will aim to have them on Zoom so that they can be recorded and accessed at a later date if people are unable to attend the session.
1. Tuesday 21st July 2020 Knowledge Based Assessment
2. Wednesday 16th September 2020 Immunology and allergy
3. Thursday 15th October 2020 Asthma and PSW 1
4. Monday 16th November 2020 Asthma and PSW 2
5. Tuesday 15th December 2020 Sleep medicine and NIV 1
6. Wednesday 20th January 2021 Sleep medicine and NIV2
7. Thursday 18th February 2021 CF
8. Monday 15th March 2021 Non CF bronchiectasis
9. Tuesday 20th April 2021 Knowledge Based Assessment
10. Wednesday 19th May 2021 Research
11. Thursday 17th June 2021 Infections
12. Monday 19th July 2021 Radiology, child
Microsoft teams invite sent via email. For further information please contact Bushra Ahmed BPRS/Paeds Resp CSAC trainee rep: email@example.com
European Respiratory Society Conference
The 30th anniversary of the ERS Congress will be an innovative and interactive virtual event that will take place on 7–9 September, 2020. Registration is now open via ERS login accounts.
For further details, please visit: https://erscongress.org/
European Cystic Fibrosis Conference
A digital mini-conference will be proposed in September 2020 in place of the ECFS Conference in Lyon, 3-6 June 2020. More information available soon.
For further updates, please visit: https://www.ecfs.eu/lyon2020
International congress on paediatric pulmonology (CIPP)
It is with great regret, that after careful considerations and because of the health risks posed by COVID-19 worldwide, we have decided to cancel the CIPPXIX, scheduled in Thessaloniki, Greece from June 25th to 28th, 2020.
The next CIPP will be held from June 24th to 27th, 2021 and will take place in Nice, France.
Other meetings of interest to BPRS members include:
- RCPCH Spring meeting
- BTS winter meeting
- ERS paediatric assembly
- International congress on paediatric pulmonology (CIPP)
- American Thoracic Society international conference
- European cystic fibrosis meeting
- North American cystic fibrosis conference