The British paediatric respiratory society, BPRS, is a multidisciplinary organisation which exists to promote the respiratory health of all children and to improve the health of children with respiratory disease.
Membership of the Society is open to health care professionals who are active in the field of paediatric respiratory medicine.
The objectives of the society, set out in its constitution, are:
- To advocate excellence in provision of, and equity of access to clinical services for children with respiratory disease.
- To set and maintain standards of care in paediatric respiratory medicine.
- To promote education and training in paediatric respiratory medicine.
- To foster co-operation and friendship between all those involved in the care of children with respiratory disease.
- To promote research into paediatric respiratory disease.